Build a Podcast Episode Image Extractor with GPT

1. Get the podcast's RSS

Thanks to

First, find the podcast's Apple Podcast URL
https://podcasts.apple.com/cn/podcast/独树不成林/id1711052890
Pay attention to the id part

Then append the id to the end of this link
https://itunes.apple.com/lookup?id=
Get
https://itunes.apple.com/lookup?id=1711052890
Access it with a browser, and you'll get a JSON-formatted file.
Open it with a text tool (you can also use a JSON tool, such as https://www.json.cn/ )
Find feedurl

https://feed.xyzfm.space/y9qnpfdrctnx
This is the RSS.

2. Find the cover image

Open the RSS link with a browser, and find the part that looks like the following—that's the cover image
https://image.xyzcdn.net/Fgd_z5yexkQF_GB0LF4Xncqqf8CU.png"/>

3. Develop with GPT

Implement an HTML/JS-based tool
The page includes the following parts
1) A text box for inputting the podcast's RSS URL
2) A text box that fetches the RSS content from 1), and also allows manual input of RSS content
3) A text box that analyzes the content of 2) and lists all cover image URLs. Manually editable to add or delete
4) Displays the images corresponding to the URLs in 3)

Example:
https://feed.xyzfm.space/y9qnpfdrctnx is a podcast's RSS URL, and it will be filled into 1)
1) can fetch the RSS data in XML format, which will be filled into 2)
2) contains an element like , and https://image.xyzcdn.net/Fgd_z5yexkQF_GB0LF4Xncqqf8CU.png should be filled into 3)
4) displays the images corresponding to the URLs in 3)
Send the above requirements to GPT.
I got this result, which I'm pretty satisfied with.

Upload to GitHub


You can also access it via GitHub Page

4. Pick the images I find interesting and turn them into stickers

To resize the images, I used M$ PowerToys

Need to visit the Telegram official sticker bot

Result:

========

Postscript

For this development (2025-11-20), the GPT I used was

========

Related recommendations



Comments