How to Get a Telegram Passkey for +86 Accounts

Preface

Telegram has further restricted the use of +86 accounts.
For an active +86 account already logged in on other devices, when I try to log in on mobile iOS/Android, it prompts me to pay to send an SMS.

This wasn't the case before. If an account was already logged in on other devices, you just needed to receive a verification code on those other devices to log in.

Based on information from various sources, the best solution now is to apply for a passkey.

Problem

I have more than 3 Telegram accounts, and some of them are logged into the third-party mobile client Swiftgram.
When I try to apply for a passkey in Swiftgram, the interface shows that the operation must be done in the official Telegram client.
And switching to the official Telegram client does not automatically log into the account in Swiftgram. 
If I want to log in at this point, oh, I'm back to the situation where I have to pay to send an SMS.

Solution

Log into the account from Swiftgram on the Win11 platform by scanning a QR code.

Then, after keeping the Win11 platform logged in for a period of time, apply for a passkey.
* My account only allowed me to apply for a passkey after being logged in for 24 hours.

Select iPhone


A QR code will pop up. 
Just scan the QR code with the iPhone's camera function. It will invoke the iOS Passwords app to generate a passkey.
* Both the iPhone and the Win11 computer need to have Bluetooth enabled.

========

End


========

Postscript

Applying for a passkey on the Win10 platform only prompts to insert a USB device. There is no option for iPhone device.

If the login duration is not long enough, applying for a passkey will result in an error.
You can only wait a while longer.

Passkeys are very difficult to back up. 
If you are worried that your Apple account being banned will affect your passkey, you can apply for multiple passkeys for the same Telegram account. 
For example, one on Apple, one on the Win11 computer. You can also refer to other tutorials and set up a password management tool like Bitwarden to store the passkey.

========

Related Recommendations

Comments