Self-Hosted RSS Worker on Cloudflare with Hermes Agent
Preface
I like reading Dapenti's "Floating World Collection" and "Image Gua"
But the RSS feeds I've been using have always been unstable, working on and off.
So I thought about building one myself running on a Cloudflare worker.
Agent-Oriented Development
Hermes connected to grok-4.5
The content inside the blockquotes below is all natural language I sent to the Agent
I need to create a Cloudflare API token with the highest permissions, which can be used to create various smaller-permission API tokens.
Tell me step by step how to do it.
* My Agent runs on a VPS, so I have to do it this way. When encountering issues, I can take screenshots and send them to the Agent to ask where to click.
If your Agent runs on your own computer, just have the Agent operate the browser on your computer.
You should create an API token like this
Key point to note: permissionsAccount.API Tokens, User.API TokensThis Cloudflare token has Account.API Tokens and User.API Tokens permissions
cfut_************************************************
Keep it safe in your own .env file
Create a new Cloudflare worker, and test whether you can fetch the content of this page
https://www.dapenti.com/blog/blog-responsive-new.asp?subjectid=184&name=xilei
The results returned by the Agent look normal
I need you to generate RSS output through this worker
The Agent completed it shortly after
Tested it with a browser and RSS software, works fine.Next, let's do some optimization.
Refactor to use scheduled triggers to generate the RSS, scheduled to generate daily at 0:00.
The generated RSS result is stored in KV, and each access reads the result from KV.
Full text HTML + short description (500 characters)
Limit to 10 full-text entries
========
End
Github
https://github.com/crazypeace/rss-worker
Related Recommendations
《Set up a Cloudflare API Token for your Hermes Agent》