Hermes Verifies Telegram Topic Search Fix in Forkgram
Preface
I have always enjoyed using Telegram as a platform for interacting with Hermes.
Furthermore, I like opening a group forum with topics in a new window, so I can continue browsing other groups in the main window without interruption.
Friends who often develop with an Agent and put an Agent to work know that searching for keywords in session history is a feature they use frequently.
So, the problem is this: in a group forum with topics opened in a new window, if you select a topic and click the search button, it automatically switches to All.
For someone like me, who has countless topics open, it amounts to searching for keywords across all sessions, including historical sessions.
For Agent Development
Hermes connects to the free model officially provided by Nous Portal: stealth/space-bunny-alpha
https://zelikk.blogspot.com/2026/04/free-mimimo-v2-pro-omni-hermes-stripe.html
The blockquote below contains the natural-language prompts I sent to the Agent.
Analysis of the v7.2.9 codebase at https://github.com/forkgram/tdesktop
Telegram currently has a problem:
when you open a forum via 'open in new windows',
switch to a topic,
click the Search button,
at this point, it switches away from the previously selected topic and automatically selects 'All',
if you then search for text, the search is performed within All instead.
I want to be able to search for text within a specific topic.
I know that if you open a forum in the main Telegram window, you can search for text within a specific topic.
The Agent then analyzed the issue and proposed a modification plan.
Up to that point, it had all been routine work.
I had a sudden idea today: why not let the Agent verify the issue itself? Recognizing and analyzing a desktop app's interface is nowhere near as convenient as working with DOM elements in HTML.
So, I had the Agent first try to reproduce the issue using the unmodified version, then use the modified version to verify whether the problem had been fixed.
After a fairly long process, the Agent was ultimately able to complete the computer-use task and verify that the patch was effective.
Results
A demo of me operating it manually
GitHub
Code
https://github.com/crazypeace/forkgram-tdesktop/tree/feat-search-in-topic-in-new-window
Release
https://github.com/crazypeace/forkgram-tdesktop/releases/tag/feat-search-in-topic-in-new-window