Fix AgentRouter Proxy for Hermes with CPA Custom UA

Preface

Recently a public welfare site agentrouter popped up
offering free claude-opus-4-8, claude-opus-5, gpt-5.6-sol

However, when you connect this to Hermes, you'll find that it doesn't work.

Inspiration

Came across this big shot's solution of modifying the UA while browsing online
https://blog.notett.com/post/2026/08/202608-agentrouter-proxy/

Practice

After some exploration, I found that CPA cliproxyapi has the function of setting UA.

The content to fill in is just copied from the big shot
User-Agent
Kilo-Code/7.3.50 ai-sdk/provider-utils/4.0.27 runtime/bun/1.3.14
Then you'll find that the test passes in CPA.

Then connect it to Hermes and use it, gpt-5.6-sol works.

But claude-opus-4-8 and claude-opus-5 still don't work.

========

Postscript

I used it to run some slightly "heavy" development work, and sometimes encountered refusal to work.
The model provider failed after retries. I kept raw provider details out of chat; check gateway logs for diagnostics.
At this point, sending "continue task" sometimes works, and sometimes still refuses to work.

Important Reminder

When using a relay station, don't use it on your important projects, don't involve your important accounts, and don't let the Agent run on your important VPS.

========

Related Recommendations


Comments